Closing Date - 19/05/2021
The Business Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day corporate operations of the Festival Company, a subsidiary entity nested within the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee (OC).
Working as part of the business integration team; we require a confident senior manager able to drive forward delivery across a range of corporate functions working closely with finance, legal, human resources, procurement and the programme management office.
- As a senior member of the business integration team; drive forward the corporate operations of the Festival Company working closely with finance, legal, human resources, procurement and the PMO.
- Lead and manage the business partnering of corporate functions with both the creative programme department and the marketing, communications and digital department.
- Develop outstanding working relationship with Festival colleagues to understand their requirements, and the role of the business integration in supporting the delivery of a successful Festival programme.
- Create systems and processes that support the delivery of a creative programme.
- Ensure high-quality company management and robust corporate governance are operating at all levels of the business, delivering continuous improvement and supporting organisational development.
- Analyse management information, key performance indicators and business data to support rapid decision-making across the project and organisation.
Skills and Experience Required
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong business management and analytical skills, problem solver and decision-maker.
- Understanding of corporate governance.
- Track record and practical knowledge in one or more of the following functions: finance, legal, procurement and/or human resources.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders.
- Prior experience in a Business Partnering role.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following functions: finance, legal, procurement and/or human resources.
- Experience in a senior management role within a creative organisation or project.
- Knowledge of public funding.
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.