Closing Date - 30/09/2021
Festival UK* 2022 is recruiting for a Communications Assistant! Reporting to the Communications Director, you will play a key role in an expanding team, which is devising programmes that communicate to a range of audiences across the UK, utilising press & PR, marketing and digital and social media.
You will help manage day to day administration for the Communications team, including working on media monitoring and the management of press and marketing assets, such as photography and film. With excellent people skills, you will come into contact with the festival's producers and a range of external stakeholders, from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, helping us to maintain positive relationships.
- Support the Communications Director through diary management and support on meetings.
- Support the distribution of information and press materials, including press releases and marketing assets for the festival.
- Help maintain the forward planning grid for the communications team.
- Help manage the media monitoring service.
- Help maintain databases.
- Help manage the storage of picture, film and other press and marketing assets.
- Assist with the CRM (customer relations management) platform.
- Work with communication team colleagues on the procurement of services.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of raising invoices and POs
- Experience of using databases
- Experience of taking meeting notes
- Experience of writing for external audiences
- Experience of working across teams
- Procurement experience
- Experience of email platforms, such as Mailchimp or Dotmailer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 6 Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2JB
Salary: £20,000-25,000 per annum
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.