Closing Date - 14/04/2021
We are looking for a creative, ideas driven individual to help steer the development of Festival UK* 2022's international engagement programme. The International Producer will work with the Senior International Producer to deliver on a key objective to bring people together, with creativity, innovation and collaboration as drivers to strengthen international partnerships with the UK.
The International Producer will work closely with the British Council, as well as festival producers and the teams behind the 10 creative projects. The postholder will identify opportunities to share learnings and insights from the programme with partners in ODA (Official Development Assistance) countries, and to explore the critical importance of creativity in our shared futures and its contribution to social and economic development in societies around the world.
- Build opportunities for beneficial exchange of learning and ideas, collaboration and sharing between the 10 creative teams whose projects have been commissioned for Festival UK* 2022 and professionals from ODA (Official Development Assistance) eligible countries.
- Commission research to map cultural, digital and social media influencers under 30 in identified ODA countries to scope enhanced learning and collaborative opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to share learnings, skills and insights that the 30 creative teams acquired during the festival’s R&D, which offers a new approach to commissioning, with partners, creative professionals and key networks in agreed ODA eligible countries.
- These opportunities could include residencies, peer-mentoring, research and exchange visits.
- Maximise the use of digital to support skills exchange and involve international partners in festival activities, such as creative project development and learning and outreach programmes that are being developed.
- Work with the British Council to identify speaking and engagement opportunities for the festival at events and conferences it manages internationally- enabling insights and expertise to be shared internationally.
- Develop or identify other appropriate international engagement events, to enable the sharing of learnings from Festival UK* 2022, including at the global summit it is planning for next year, as well as at existing international festivals, trade events or cultural showcases in selected ODA countries working with British Council networks.
- Work as part of the festival team on the development of film and other digital content about the festival and the creative teams, which can be shared internationally. This includes ten films about the projects selected to be part of the festival in 2022.
- Develop strong working relationships with key British Council teams and Embassies/High Commissions to build advocacy for the festival and opportunities for further creative and cultural exchange.
Skills and Experience Required
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Relevant qualification and/or substantial professional experience and knowledge gained from working as a producer or project manager in the cultural sector.
- Experience of project managing medium or large-scale projects with multiple partners and stakeholders or programming international visits and high-profile showcase activities.
- Experience of engaging audiences through different channels and platforms, including, print, broadcast and digital.
- Understanding of how ODA (Official Development Assistance) operates, including knowledge of how to devise cultural projects that create social and economic benefit to communities internationally.
- Experience of delivering effective ODA (Official Development Assistance) projects in STEAM.
- Production or event management experience OR Development of learning and creative skills programmes.
- Experience of commissioning content, such as short films and digital for a range of platforms and audiences through external suppliers.
Salary: £40,000-45,000 per annum
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.