Closing Date - 17/06/2021
The Media Relations Manager will devise and oversee the press and PR strategy, to help promote Festival UK* 2022 locally, nationally and internationally, supporting the aspiration to reach 66 million people globally. It will take account of the UK-wide nature of the festival, the 10 distinct creative commissions, the four nations that are involved, and the five components of STEAM.
The role will oversee a coherent and responsive approach to media management and PR, working with the commissioned teams, Festival producers, the devolved nations' teams, DCMS and other key partners, as well as external PR agencies. The objective will be to ensure coherent narratives, for the commissioned projects individually and the Festival as a whole. As well as the scale and innovation, we want to build storytelling that can connect with people.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive Press & PR strategy for Festival UK* 2022.
- Devise press materials, including news releases, which encompass and interpret a wide range of information and activity arising from festival projects, working with festival producers and commissioned teams.
- Devise press and PR activity that supports and complements audience development targets to reach millions of people.
- Help build narratives and storytelling to reflect the ambition, range and diversity of the festival across STEAM and relevant to different audiences, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Work closely with the Strategic Communications Manager and marketing team to ensure press and PR activity coordinates and aligns with other external facing communications activity.
- Line management.
Skills and Experience Required
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- A degree relevant to a communications role, and/or equivalent professional experience, in-house, agency or journalism.
- Substantial experience of composing engaging and clear copy for different platforms and audiences.
- Creative approach to identifying stories and narrative building.
- Can interpret complex information for a range of audiences.
- Track record of devising and implementing successful press & PR campaigns at a national level.
- Experience of international media.
- Experience of media partnerships.
- Knowledge of at least one of the festival's areas of focus - STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Maths).
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.