Closing Date - 3/10/2021
Festival UK* 2022 is a new major nationwide celebration of creativity and innovation, backed by £120million of new investment. The Festival will take place across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales throughout 2022. It will deliver a programme of ground-breaking new commissions with the ambition of reaching millions; achieving the projects two objectives of bringing people together and promoting the UK's creativity to the world.
Festival UK* 2022 are looking for a Producer to cover a 6 month period of maternity leave, to join the team and be an integral part in the Creative Programme. In this role you will produce, and project manage a highly collaborative programme of cross-sector, cross-nation, research and development activity. Through this process you will work with creative minds from across science, technology, engineering, arts and maths to imagine an original, open and optimistic Festival for 2022.
Festival UK* 2022 is committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the UK. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and welcome applications from individuals with skills and lived experience to help us ensure the Festival is representative of the communities it will engage and celebrate.
- Support the development and operational delivery of a nationwide research and development process for Festival 2022; supporting the programme to bring together organisations and individuals from across Festival sectors (arts, culture, design, science, engineering, maths, heritage and technology) to generate new commissions.
- Undertake assigned project activity, taking supporting the financial, logistical and operational management of the research and development process.
- Work as part of the creative programming team to deliver diverse prospective projects, programme strands and ideas across multiple artforms.
- Work across the four nations of the UK on the development and delivery of activity.
- Develop, monitor and report on progress against milestones and project timelines.
- Review project plans and monitor budgets.
- Champion representation, accessibility and inclusion across the Producing Process.
- Working as part of the wider team, shape the overall vision and direction of Festival 2022 as a nationwide celebration of creativity and innovation that will reach millions.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant professional industry experience.
- Proven success in producing complex projects, events, commissions, co-productions and/or cultural programmes across multiple artforms.
- Understanding of multi-partner collaboration and delivery.
- Knowledge of artistic commissioning processes.
- Exceptional planning and project management skills.
- Experience of delivering high-profile public and creative programmes at scale.
- Presentation, report writing and public speaking ability.
- Up to date knowledge of Industry Inclusion and Diversity Practices.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Month FTC Maternity Cover
Location: 6 Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2JB
Salary: £36,000 per annum
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.