Closing Date - 18/04/2021
Festival 2022 are looking for an experienced Producer, who will support the development and operational delivery of the Creative Programme for Festival 2022.
This role will be suited to someone with skills and experience in screen/immersive production and/or cultural participatory events.
This role would suit someone with exceptional arts project management skills, strong financial and budgeting experience, and an understanding of commissioning. This is an opportunity to shape an evolving project, within a fast-paced environment.
Festival 2022 will take place across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It will deliver a programme of ground-breaking new commissions with the ambition of reaching millions; bringing people together and promoting the UK’s creativity to the world. Ten projects have been selected from an extensive R&D to form the Festival’s commissioned programme.
- Support the development and operational delivery of the Creative Programme for Festival 2022; supporting the programme team to bring together organisations and individuals from across Festival sectors (arts, culture, design, science, engineering, maths, heritage and technology) in the form of ten major commissions
- Undertake assigned project activity, taking supporting the financial, logistical and operational management of the research and development process
- Work as part of the creative programming team to deliver diverse prospective projects, programme strands and ideas across multiple artforms
- Work across the four nations of the UK on the development and delivery of activity
- Develop, monitor and report on progress against milestones and project timelines
- Review project plans and monitor budgets
- Champion representation, accessibility and inclusion across the Producing Process
- Working as part of the wider team, shape the overall vision and direction of Festival 2022 as a nationwide celebration of creativity and innovation that will reach millions.
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven success in producing complex projects, events, commissions, co-productions and/or cultural programmes across multiple artforms
- Understanding of multi-partner collaboration and delivery
- Knowledge of artistic commissioning processes
- Working knowledge of multiple parts of production, delivery and audience development
- Experience in budget/financial management
- Highly organised, self-motivated and self-administering
- Experience of relationship management
- Exceptional planning and project management skills
- Demonstrable producing skills
- Ability to build relationships, with speed and credibility, with people at all levels (internal or external)
- Interest in new technology
- Experience working on projects involving multi-platform storytelling.
- Presentation, report writing and public speaking ability
Salary: £32,000-40,000 per annum
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.