Closing Date - 26/09/2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to play a part in one of the UK's biggest and most ambitious projects in a generation?
If so, Festival UK* 2022 is seeking an experienced and detail-orientated Finance Manager to oversee and take leadership of all financial aspects of the programme, ensuring key stakeholder committee groups are kept up to date on financial governance of both Festival UK* 2022 and the 10 Commissions.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not limited to, ensuring robust internal and external financial reporting, running the day-to-day Treasury Management, as well as, lead the Festival's internal audit programme. The post-holder will be skilled at building relationships, with speed and credibility, with people at all levels, reporting directly to the Head of Financial Management.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a celebration of creativity, diversity and collaboration, and we'd love to hear from you.
- Accountable for the month-end close process: issuing timely and accurate financial statements, monthly management accounts and Management Agreement requirements. Working together with the Financial Management team on the delivery of;
- Ensure robust internal and external financial reporting, including but not limited to preparation of the following:
- Statutory Accounts and Consolidated Statutory Accounts;
- Taxation returns (HMRC requirements);
- Specific requirements arising through the Company's status as a Non-Departmental Public Body/Arms-Length Body including year-end consolidation reporting requirements;
- Requirements of Funding Partners including the 4 nations reporting to DCMS;
- Internal Management Reports;
- Oversight of all corporate returns, governance and controls;
- Strategic finance guidance to the business.
- Responsible for the monthly grant requests and management of cash flows;
- Lead on all Audit and Risk Assurance Committee ("ARAC") reporting and liaison with ARAC chair & committee;
- Ensure the Company's financial management system is regularly maintained and accurately reflects the financial position of the Festival.
Responsibilities of the role will evolve during the lifespan of the Company and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the Festival.
Skills and Experience Required
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong grasp of fundamental accounting concepts;
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CA/CIPFA);
- Significant relevant experience, including a management role within Financial Management;
- High computer proficiency with competency in all core Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Strong experience of IFRS and its application.
- Strong interest in culture and joining an exciting, dynamic and growing team tasked with its delivery;
- Experience of delivering on a major event;
- Knowledge of Government Accounting;
- Experience of working in the public-sector environment (particularly as part of an NDPB/ALB).
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 6 Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2JB
Salary: £50,000-58,000 per annum
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.