This role is full time and based at our office in Birmingham city centre.
Closing Date - 28/07/2021
Are you an experienced and creative marketing and communications specialist and looking to work on one of the biggest projects of your career? If so, Festival UK* 2022 is seeking a dynamic individual to work closely with the 10 creative projects commissioned for the Festival, to develop campaigns as part of its wider communications strategy.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Festival's Senior Producers, as well as the commissioned projects, which feature exciting collaborations across science, technology, engineering, arts and maths (STEAM) and are designed to reach millions of people across the UK and globally.
As one of three Strategic Campaigns Managers, this is a once in an opportunity to play a key role in delivering once in a lifetime programme of major creative commissions. With a strong creative instinct, a strategic focus and an eye for detail you will also ensure all activity is planned and executed with audiences in mind.
- Devise and deliver integrated campaign plans for Festival creative commissions, ensuring all aspects of marketing, digital and communications are effectively utilised for each project.
- Build strong working relationships with the Festival's Senior Producers and commissioned teams to reflect the vision of each as part of a coherent Festival experience.
- Ensure project campaign plans support the wider Communications Strategy, actively leading the development of targeted marketing, communications and digital plans for each commission and identifying opportunities for synergies and audience development across the programme.
- Support effective channels of communications between teams, supporting timely reporting and bringing added value to creative decision-making.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans, monitoring critical paths and managing delivery risks.
- Oversee the scheduling of campaigns across the Festival, tracking interdependencies and opportunities between projects and creating space for each commission to achieve its objectives.
- Prepare briefings and written materials, for both internal and external audiences.
- Communicate critical issues clearly and clarify stakeholder expectations.
Skills and Experience Required
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Relevant professional experience from a strategic role in a marketing, digital and/or communications function.
- Experienced in devising and managing integrated marketing, digital and communications campaigns.
- Project planning.
- Experience of managing external suppliers.
- Experience leading integrated marketing and communications teams within a creative organisation, or from one of the STEAM sectors.
- Experience of working on high-profile campaigns.
- Experience of working with artists and creatives.
Location: This role is based in Birmingham, England, and requires the successful candidate to be office based full-time.
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 per annum
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
For more details, download the Job Description.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to apply as part of your application please download the form here.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. The notice can be found here.